You may have started out your transracial adoption journey thinking that all of the challenges could be overcome with love. And now you're starting to realize that you need more tools and direction so you can be a healthy parent who is equipped to raise a child of color in a complex, racialized world.
The Be the Bridge Transracial Adoption guide is a tool to help white adoptive parents a way forward.
With this guide, you will:
- gain a deeper understanding of the complexities of transracial adoption
- learn from the experiences of adult adoptees growing up in multi-ethnic families
- increase your racial literacy and explore the ethics of adoption
- develop skills that will help your child form a positive racial-ethnic identity
- be equipped to facilitate positive racial-ethnic socialization
- understand how to protect and prepare your child to live in a racialized society
- have access to an exclusive online Facebook group created for purchasers of the Guide to discuss the content and continue your learning journey
We dream of a world where all adoptions are just and ethical, and beyond providing for basic needs of food and shelter for adoptees, we dream of spaces where transracially adopted children can thrive. We believe this guide can be of help in creating those spaces, and we applaud this step in your journey. Our collective steps are connected, and each one brings us closer to a better world.
We also recommend the companion journal to help you in this process of self-reflection.
This is a 75-page downloadable PDF. You are purchasing a single-user license of the guide that includes downloading and printing for individual, personal use. Printing multiple copies to share with others, or sharing the PDF file electronically with others, is prohibited. Please contact email@example.com for information about group licensing and group discounts. This is a digital item that cannot be returned or exchanged.